Google Plus is a wonderful tool to drive traffic to your website or other social platforms. Posting images is key to engagement on Google Plus. Too often I see posts by fellow Google Plus users that are posted using the shared link feature which includes a small image. It has been proven that images drive the most engagement online. Here I show you how to post optimized images to Google Plus.
My Keys to success on Google Plus image shares include:
- Use engaging images.
- Jazz up the picture if it needs it.
- Image saved with hyphens between words of image title for SEO juice, which maximizes the chance to be found in image search.
- Catching title with asterisk on each end to make the title BOLD.
- Proper use of # Hashtags.
- Use a URL shortener like Goo.gl, bit.ly or my favorite sharedby.co
- Watch the video below and see how I share optimized images to Google Plus
- Check image to see if it has been used before, give H/T credit to a person who shared before.
- Give photographers credit!
- Share to Pinterest first then take that link, shorten it and use it on the Google Plus post.
- Share to appropriate Google Plus communities.
- Tweet the link with an eye catching title.
- Add the Tweet to JustRetweet and Empire Avenue for a shot of adrenaline to the post.
- Share the post to Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit or any other preferred social profiles.
- Circle me on Google Plus and let me know so that I can see your optimized images on Google Plus.
Make sure to subscribe to updates from Randy Hilarski Dot Com.
Post Optimized Images to Google Plus by Randy Hilarski