Welcome to the top 15 circles on Google Plus. This week we are going to talk about how we should reward Engagers and Influencers who become part of our online conversations. Personally I have grown jaded with all the talk about high quality followers. If you would like to read my opinion on high quality followers check out the article. This week is all about how we reward Engagers.
I feel your most important followers are the folks who engage with you. These Engagers, who might not be typical Influencers, are a vital piece to your online success. Who are these people and what are some of their characteristics?
Characteristics of Engagers-
- These people are always visiting your posts, tweets and taking action.
- They are very supportive and share your content as soon as they can.
- They are fans of your content.
- They do not troll your content.
- These Engagers become part of the conversation.
- Sometimes these Engagers become good friends.
- Sometimes they are invited to visit Panama. ; )
How to Reward Engagers-
- Give these Engagers early access to products that you may be launching.
- Hangout with these people via Google Plus Hangouts.
- Mention them often.
- Thank them for sharing your content.
- Visit their profile, like, plus one, share, RT, comment and engage.
- Offer to help them on projects.
- Maybe send them a gift.
- Run an Empire Ave. mission for them.
- Recommend to other people that they follow them.
Now I would like to take the moment to shout out a few Engagers who have made my day on Google Plus and Twitter. These people are just plain awesome and should be followed. If you know of some amazing Engagers, feel free to tag them below in the comments.
- Tammy Cook
- Dr. Tammy Cashion
- Ileane Smith
- Mia Voss
- Matthew Shuey
- Jamie Tinker
- Catherine Wolfong
- Wanda Muller-Wing
- Krithika Rangarajan
- Neil Ferree
- Wanda Virgo
- Michael Q Todd
- Michael Garcie
- Juan Pablo Aldana
- Tyger Jones
I really appreciate these people. If I look back over the course of the last year, many of these people have helped me get the word out. Only four of the people on the list work in the same field as I do. Frankly I have been thinking about thinning out my circles of so-called social media and marketing types. The reason is simple, on Google Plus you can only follow 5,000 people. Who would you rather follow? I say reward Engagers and follow them. Follow as many as you want on Twitter since there is no follower cap, just their algorithm.
Top 15 Circle on Google Plus for the Week of March 5-
This week we have Robby Ball at the top! Robby is relatively new to circle sharing but has taken it by storm. Congratulations to Robby for all the great work. I want to thank everyone once again for the great service you do for the Google Plus community. Some like it, some don`t, so what! Enjoy your week!
Here are my guidelines-
- I must be included in the circle share. : )
- The list goes back exactly one week from the article publish date.
- I use my CircleCount Profile to find the numbers.
- Follow the posts on Google Plus and Twitter with #CircleCurators